From: Scott MacButch
To: ible@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:48 AM
Subject: Re: Rexburg Snowy Owl

I have floated 3 Arctic rivers and never seen a Snowy Owl, so was very
fortunate to run into Jake, Blair and Brian yesterday who helped me
spot my first Snowy Owl. After the bird flew east, I did eventually
locate it on a power pole and posted an image on the Portneuf Valley
Audubon Website if anyone is interested at:

http://www.pvaudubon.org/News.htm

Also spotted 2 Northern Shrike and several flocks of Gray
Partridge in the area. I would imagine the Snowy Owl would also take a
partridge if given the opportunity, to supplement its diet of voles
and mice?

Thanks again to Darren Clark for spotting this incredibly beautiful
bird.

Scott MacButch
Pocatello, ID

To view archived messages go to: