Gray Partridge

Hi,

Terry Sadler and I located a flock of Gray Partridge in Paradise this
morning. It must have been the same flock (about 20 or so birds) that
visited Jim Lofthouse's feeder last Friday. We found out later that we
had inadvertently ventured onto private property to see the birds --
Oops!

The birds were seen along an unmarked road (private driveway) about 100
yards or so east of 300 East in Paradise. The approximate street number
for the driveway would be 9350 South. We followed the birds along the
road in the car for quite a distance before they flushed and flew off to
the north and east.

We had no luck relocating the Cackling (?) Goose at Kays Creek this
morning. We also checked for the Fulvous Whistling-Duck on Forest Street
without success. The large flock of Horned Larks (with Lapland Longspur)
near Benson were not found - it's starting to get very foggy around
Logan, which might have something to do with it. We were able to locate
the GH Owl, however, at milepost 15.2.

I'm not complaining, as the Gray Partridge was a lifer for me :-)

A great day!

Jim Bailey
2032 Ribbon Lane
Holladay, UT 84117
(801) 274-8034

A  hobby must be in a large degree useless, inefficient, laborious or
irrelevant -Aldo Leopold