fulvous whistling-ducks - Brigham City

I watched the 3 ducks from 1:45 to 2:15 today, Saturday.  As I traveled
west on Forest Street from I-15, I couldn't see the birds until I turned
right/north on the Corinne cut-off (this is just past our
bunkhouse/temporary visitor center building which is about 1/2 mile from
I-15) and crept just past the hay/straw bale shelter that's on the
corner.  As I looked east, I found the birds loafing about half way
across the little marsh - they were in plain view.  Kris Purdy and Glen
Barlow were gazing at them when I left.

Thanks to Paul and Randy for reporting the birds - and to Kris Purdy for
the email and telephone call!  It's a new bird for my Utah list!

Betsy Beneke
Perry - Box Elder County