  From: Carol Gwynn
  To: birdtalk@utahbirds.org
  Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 9:05 PM
  Subject: [BirdTalk] Tripod on the plane?

  Question: I have been trying for days to get an answer as to whether I

  am allowed to carry a disassembled tripod aboard an aircraft. Even the

  TSA, the Fount of All Airport Security Knowledge doesn't give me a
  satisfactory answer. They say a tripod isn't prohibited, but the
  security screeners may still not permit it to go through. Has anyone
  tried to take a tripod in a carry-on? (Or do i just give up and check
  it)?

  Carol