Magpie tales

Hi,

This happened several years ago, but I still remember most of the details.
My wife and I were going somewhere when I noticed a magpie and cat in a
driveway  about a half block from our house. I pulled over and watched a game of cat
and  bird. The magpie would walk around the cat until it could get behind it
and then  run in and grab the cats tail and immediately jump and fly several
feet away.  The cat would pounce at the bird when it grabbed its tail, but did
not chase it.  This happened time and time again. Oh boy, where is a video
camera when you need  one.

Jack