Bohemian Waxwings

A mixed flock of 100 waxwings, about 60 Bohemian and 40 Cedar, were seen
Saturday afternoon off Highway 66, just south of the town of Morgan
(Morgan County). The location was near a house numbered 4073, where the
highway crosses a stream flanked by many large trees.  Between Morgan and
Pineview Reservoir we saw at least 14 Bald Eagles, a Golden Eagle and
over 100 Wild Turkeys (some along the roadside).
We saw another 19 Bald Eagles along I-80 between Wanship and Henefer
(Summit County), and a large flock of Bushtits on the east side of Echo
Reservoir.
The Black-bellied Plover is still along the A.I. Causeway (approx. mile
marker 3, north side), and appears to be doing just fine.  A pair of
Long-Tailed Ducks (m+f) were on the north side of the first bridge
(nearest the marina).

Kathy and Joel