Hi from Pat Bean in Texas

Just thought I would let everybody know the news I got this morning. Expl
ore has decided it should run only one local bird column a month and that
 will be Kris Purdy. After over 3 years of writing a weekly column and a
few months of doing one once a month, my birding column on the third Wedn
esday of December will be my last for the Standard-Examiner. It was reall
y fun while it lasted. I'll miss writing it but life goes on and I'm havi
ng a ball out here in my RV traveling and chasing birds. Look for an occa
sional travel piece from me in both Xplore and Life in the future. Happy
Holidays everybody.