Summary of Fruit Offerings Responses

Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry about offerings to attract
fruit-eaters.  Here's a summary of the responses:

Apples:  Two respondents have had success with getting House Finches to
eat apples as long as the apples were skewered on branches or on a
skewer-type feeder designed to offer fruit.  One respondent said House
Finches just pecked, but didn't seem to eat apples.  He also noted that
starlings go hog-wild for apples that fall off a tree in his yard and
will dig through snow to get to them.

Pomegranates:  One person was successful offering this fruit skewered as
described above.  Another person had Spotted Towhees eat pomegranates.

Oranges:  Several people shared that House Finches and Bullock's Orioles
(summer, of course) come in for halved oranges.  One respondent relayed
a story of a Colorado out-of-season Scarlet Tanager feeding on halved
oranges.

Grapes:  Bullock's Orioles and an out-of-season Cape May Warbler fed on
peeled grapes.

Raisins:  Two respondents offered raisins to lure in American Robins.
One person got American Robins; the other got American Crows--but that's
only one word different, right?!?

I also saw info in my research that indicated some success offering
currants.

Surprisingly, no one suggested offering Fruit Loops to lure in toucans.

So my votes go for trying pomegranates and oranges again and apples for
the first time.  I'll soon decorate a Christmas tree for the birds to
get them to come up on my deck and I'm hoping for more success with the
fruit-eaters than I've had in the past.

Thanks again,