AIC

This is probably too late to be of any use, but a response to several
sightings of Bonaparte's Gulls in various places -- usually of just 2 or
3 birds.  Last Saturday the 12th, about 9 a.m. a group of Salt Lake
Birders ventured out to the west end of the Causeway to check out the
female Black Scoters.  We saw them well, swimming together on the south
side of the dike.  On the way there, from about MP 3, we observed
several flocks of Bonaparte's Gulls, each flock numbering between 10 and
40 birds.  All totaled, there must have been close to 100+.  I think
more Bonaparte's in one place than I have seen for a long time.  Every
flock was flying eastward just off the south shoreline.

--Steve Carr