Goshen Canyon, Burriston Ponds

While looking in vain for some Canyon Wrens, we saw a pair of Common Mergansers, one Marsh Wren plus Pied-billed Grebes at Burriston Ponds. In route, 15 Red-tailed Hawks, 6 Kestrels, 3 Prairie Falcons, 2 Golden Eagles, a Ferruginous Hawk, a Northern Harrier and a Western White Butterfly. At Goshen Canyon, 6 Townsend's Solitaires, the very sassy Belted Kingfisher (ya gotta luv 'em)  and a Rubyspot Damselfly.

I got out of the car for a photo of a beautiful Red-tailed Hawk, saw the Western White Butterfly and started after it when the Red-tailed started that melancholy scream of theirs.  Neat for me, but I think she was indignant about my running around under her tree.

Canyon Wrens were not at Goshen Canyon today.

Nicky