AIC

This morning, thinking that the heavy storms of the last 24 hours may
have brought some birds down, Pomera and I ventured out to the causeway.
 Unfortunately, there was not much change.  A few Black-bellied Plovers
on the mud flats by the east bridge, north side.  Several flocks of
Pipits, or maybe the same flock several times.  The Wandering Tattler
was still present at the west bridge, north side, west edge of the
inlet.  A Horned Grebe was close to shore about the same area.

Just east of the weather station between MP's 1-2, we observed a
Whimbrel, adult Long-billed Curlew and immature Curlew, all right
together, so it was interesting to see the differences in bill size with
the 3 birds, plus the somewhat smaller body size of the Whimbrel, and
its very pronounced head markings.  A couple of small flocks of peeps
flew past but didn't land.  This was all about 9:30 a.m.  Weather, of
course, was cool, clear and very comfortable.

We also dropped by Farmington Bay - not much except for several Greater
Yellowlegs, mainly out at the south end of the dike.  We watched an
attractive Prairie Falcon being harassed by a pair of Kestrels up on the
radar tower at the end of Glover Lane.

--Steve Carr