Re: Huge flocks of migrating birds

Hi Guys,
 I have had some great responses, Thank You!
 I have looked at several resources and I think we were probably seeing
White Faced Ibis. They were very quiet, quite large and very streamlined.

They looked dark to me but with it being dusk and with them flying fairly

high it was hard to tell but if I had to say, I would say dark. That would

fit with the Ibis. They also had the typical v-wing of a water fowl.
 Thanks for all of the good guesses. We haven't been able to be out at dark

the last couple of nights but I bet they are still at the lake. This would

be an awesome time to go and look.
 It was an amazing sight to watch them flying overhead, trying to keep the
formation, taking turns at the front. You could always tell when it was
getting darker, their flying had a bit more of a frantic look as if they
were trying to hurry. Neat stuff.
 Happy Birding!
 Brenda
 PS. Hi John!