White birds at night??

Hi,

On Saturday evening, Aug 20 around 10:00 in the Salt Lake area, I was
outside and noticed a lot of white birds flying around in groups.  They were
flying pretty high and there were about 30-50 birds in each groups.  I've
never seen so many white birds flying together at night.  At first I thought
somebody had released a bunch of homing pigeons or doves for a wedding, but
there were way to many groups and birds.  I'm curious to know what kind of
birds they were.  I would really appreciate any insight or ideas to what
type of birds they were--Thanks!

Kirsten

<mailto:Kirsten.Niederhauser@phoenix.edu>