Tony Grove area and AIC

Hi,

Yesterday kind of got overshadowed by the Ruddy Turnstone.

Bob Huntington and I went to Tony Grove with the hopes of seeing something
new. There was an abundance of birds in the area.

Western Tanager
        Yellow-rumped Warbler
Tree Swallow
            Violet-green Swallow
Gray Flycatcher
          Northern Flicker
White-crowned Sparrow
Broad-tailed Hummingbird
House Wren
              Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Common Raven
         Song Sparrow
American Kestrel
         Cedar Waxwing
Spotted Sandpiper
       Williamson's Sapsucker
Ruffed Grouse
            Gray Catbird
American Robin
          Chipping Sparrow
Green-tailed Towhee
     Orange-crowned Warbler
Yellow Warbler
           Pine Siskin
Black-headed Grosbeak                  Ruf
ous Hummingbird
Black-chinned Hummingbird            Cassin's Finch
Fox Sparrow
             Lazuli Bunting
MacGillivray's Warbler
   Warbling Vireo
Red-naped Sapsucker
  Belted Kingfisher

The grouse, williamsons, kingfisher, and Spotted Sandpiper were found
along the Franklin Basin Road which is several miles farther north
of the Tony Grove Road.

Then we went to AIC, and found the Red Knot, Black-bellied Plovers,
Pectoral Sandpiper, Semi-palmated Sandpiper, and the thousands of
shorebirds that were most recently reported by Tim Avery and previously
by the Beyers. Then we got the report from Dennis and hurried down
and found the Ruddy Turnstone. What a day. The Red Knot was also
a life bird for me, but I sure would like a closer look at it.
It was a looooong ways out.

What a day.

Jack Binch