Amazing Chickadee alarm system

Did you see this article in the Tribune? Very interesting. Here's an excerpt.

"The Black-capped Chickadee has one of the most sophisticated signaling systems ever discovered among animals, according to researchers at the University of Montana.  When they see flying raptors, they produce a high-pitched 'seet' call so other birds can freeze.  But if they spot a perched predator, they use a loud 'chick-a-dee-dee-dee' alarm.  The number of 'dees' they add conveys how serious the threat is.  With something really dangerous, such as a Pygmy Owl perched near some chickadees in our aviary, we heard as many as 23 added 'dees' "- The Washington Post

Nicky