Bobolink still in Young Ward

Yesterday afternoon at 500 pm, I observed a single male Bobolink, singing in the tops of willows along a stream that runs through a grassy field in Young Ward. I assume it is the same bird I saw back on June 4. It would fly from one edge of the field, to the other, at times hovering in midair (using the strong wind gusts), surveying the area. It landed only once in the tall grass, which I inspected for a nest (none found). It perched 3 different times in 2 separate trees, eventually flying off to the south of the property and out of my sight.

I did not see or hear a female bobolink in the area.

As a side note, as I was searching the field of tall grass (very carefully), for a bobolink nest, I flushed a female mallard who had been sitting on a nest of 8 eggs. Should have some baby mallards soon! They're cute!

If anyone has seen a Bobolink nest or juveniles in the state of Utah (especially Cache Valley), I would be very interested in hearing from you and learning what you found.

Stephen