Short-eared Owl on AI

I birded Antelope Island this morning and on the way to Garr Ranch I was
treated to an owl flying over the shrubs east of the road.  I watched it
for a few minutes with camera in hand and took two photos.  I thought it
was a LE OWL because of the location and then when I got home and looked at
the photos, it turned out to be a SHORT-EARED OWL.  It was flying about 1/4
mile north of the ranch house. The photos aren't great but they're clear
enough to tell what it is.  If you'd like to check them out they're posted
at:
http://xmission.com/~cldavis/short-eared_owl_flying.html#1

I also got to see some fledgling shrikes near the buffalo corrals.  All in
all, a great day for birding.

Carol