From: Nicky Davis <nicky-davis@earthlink.net>
Sent: Jun 5, 2005 11:04 PM
To: birdtalk@utahbirds.org
Subject: Help I.D. a Hawk, please

This hawk was about 1 mile South of Burriston ponds today, June 5, 2005. I thought it was maybe a Swainson's ( unfeathered legs, coloring, summer range), but his tail is longer than the wings. So I think it must be a Red-tailed.  The beak and gape sort of look like a Ferruginous but the legs are not feathered.  Please let me know your expert opinion. This is the only view and when he flew, we were unable to see his underwing pattern.

http://home.earthlink.net/~birdutahv/h_hawkrt60505burston.html

Thanks for your help, Nicky Davis

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet