Birds of several counties

To Kris, especially, as well as other interested birders :)  :
In Goshen Canyon on Sat. there were at least three Yellow-
breasted Chats, not at all shy about hopping up on the brush to
sing, as well as Blue Grosbeaks. In addition to the usual suspects
such as Song Sparrows, Lazuli Buntings, Black-headed
Grosbeaks, Lark Sparrows, Rock Wrens, Cliff and Barn Swallows,
B-g Gnatcatchers, Warbling Vireos, etc. (sorry for the incomplete
account; I hadn't intended to post so didn't bring my list), there
were also Wilson's Warblers and a Willow Flycatcher. I was
surprised by the large numbers of nesting Rock Doves and E.
Starlings in the canyon. Many species at Mona Reservoir,
including a pair of Sandhill Cranes. An Emu between Mona and
Nephi. :)

On State Road 132 between Nephi and Leamington, near the top of
the first big hill west of Nephi, were Western Kingbirds, an Ash-
throated Flycatcher (!!--exciting to me, as I haven't seen one for
several years), Juniper Titmice, Bushtits, House Finches, and a
Bullock's Oriole. I accidentally scared a Mourning Dove from its
nest under a sagebrush and there was one small hatchling and an
as-yet unhatched egg. This was the first time I have ever visited
this location and failed to see Pinyon Jays.

In Heber on Thurs. I saw an Eastern Kingbird near the Bobolink
fields. I'm amazed by the numbers of Downy Woodpeckers at the
Jordanelle mitigation site.

And in undisclosed locations were several raptor nests with chicks.
It was nice to see so many young 'uns wherever I birded.

Glenda