Mountain Bluebirds, Lazuli Buntings, Bullock's Oriole, Western Screech Owls

Last Wednesday night, Kris Purdy showed my husband and I some places to find Western Screech Owls up by Ogden.  Beus Pond, and mouth of Ogden Canyon. She is so good at it that we saw 4 separate Screech Owls.  Life birds (in the wild) for both my husband and I.  Their call is so eerie and mysterious sounding in person but the eyes are the highlight. Just huge. Oh, and they look knock-kneed.  Kind' funny.  It was a wonderful experience.  You can check the photos on my web page.

Butterfield Canyon has Mountain Bluebirds and hundreds of Lazuli Buntings.  Bullock's Orioles are along the road just South of the entrance to Kennecott.  My web page has a new funny photo of a Male Bluebird.  He seems to be skipping. Also a new photo of an Oriole who was cussing me.  I thought it was a mad Jay, he was so loud and it wasn't a typical Oriole call. Just cussing. He must have had a nest nearby although I didn't see one.

If I put a link to the photos, the e-mail won't go through.

Nicky Davis