Hyrum birding 5/17 and 5/18

Hi all,

For the past two days we've birded in the gully west of the Hyrum Dam
and we've seen some good birds.  We were out for about two hours each
day and saw over 30 species each day.  Highlights include a family of 5
GREAT HORNED OWLS (mom and dad and 3 juvies), FOX SPARROW, CHIPPING
SPARROW, CLIFF SWALLOW, a MACGILLIVRAY'S WARBLER, which we saw and also
heard singing (confirmed by listening to his song on our iPods), WESTERN
TANAGER and a dead Sandhill Crane.

I managed to get 15 digiscoped pics of one of the juvi Great Horned
Owls.  If anyone is interested in seeing them, please email me off-list
and I will be glad to send them to you.

Good birding,
Richard