Hawks :-(

I visited the nest today after yesterday's bad windstorm, and the nest
appears to have been abandoned. The mama stuck with it through several
of our recent rain and wind storms, never leaving the nest, but
yesterday's wind was extra bad. The nest appears partially torn down
and the mama is gone. I could not see her even from my higher perch.
:-(

I am very sad about this.

Are they likely to try again this year? Do they learn from a bad nesting
experience? She needs to move to the old nest, further down the tree
from her current nest. It appears to be have weathered this windstorm
just fine.

Thanks for reading. If anyone else has seen her since yesterday's storm,
please let me know.

Kelli

Kelli Frame
kframe@xmission.com