Water Damage at The North Arm

I visited The North Arm Natural Area of Pineview Reservoir in Weber
County today to check on the status of the flooding.  The foot bridge
over the North Fork of the Ogden River has been pushed off its moorings
on one side and is impassable.  A sizeable log jam is wedged against the
upstream side of the bridge.

I should have had a clue when I first looked down into the area from
along SR-158 above the preserve.  The nature trail is actually a stream
and my binoculars revealed that the brown blob in the middle of the
trail-stream was a female mallard.

The area is still birdable using the Pineview West trail that runs down
the embankment along the west side of the preserve from the marina.
>From this trail, I heard or saw Yellow Warblers, Fox Sparrows,
Broad-tailed Hummingbirds, a Downy Woodpecker, and I believe I heard two
brief segments of a YELLOW-BREASTED CHAT'S song.  The long, curving
boardwalk at the north end of the preserve is still 6 inches above the
water.

The entrance to The North Arm is located between miles 3 and 4 of SR-158
in Eden, Ogden Valley, Weber County.  You'll find entrances to the
Pineview West trail between miles 2 and 3; mile marker 3 also has an
Angler's Access sign.