our empid

Hi all,

First off, I want to apologize to Mark Stackhouse for a somewhat
"snippy" reply.

That being said, we did notice that our empid did pump his tail "down"
and not "up", which would suggest a Gray Flycatcher more than a Willow
Flycatcher.  His bill was also orange on the bottom with a black tip.

So, based on all this, it looks like we have a Gray Flycatcher in our
swamp.  I am going to now eat some crow.  Anyone care to hand me a fork?

On another note, we just got back from a trip to Ogden.  On the way in
Brigham City we saw a flock of five White-faced Ibises flying from the
direction of Bear River toward the east.  The ID of these birds I am
more cetain of...

Good birding,
Richard