Cedar Waxwings in East Millcreek Area

This evening at about 7:15 p.m. I spotted 14 Cedar Waxwings high up in a dead Blue Spruce in our family's yard, here in the East Millcreek area.  (General neighborhood of 2500 East and 3500 South, S. L. County.)  Several of them would periodically jump up, flutter, as if catching a bug, and then light back on a branch.

There's a story that goes along with the tree too.  We had 7 big mature Blue Spruce trees when we moved into this house a few years ago.  Since moving in, the trees have all died from the drought and resulting beetle infestation, as many Blue Spruce in the area have.  All but this one have since been cut down and removed.  This one particular tree was nicely shaped and seemed to me perfect for birds to use.  Over time I have seen many birds hang-out up at the top of the tree.  You know, how birds perch in high trees, presumably for a good vantage point, and the like.  So, people ask, "why didn't you cut that tree down too?"  My answer, "well, it's for the birds."