Cassin's Finches

Hi,

I am sitting here at home watching eight Cassin's Finches at my platform feeder right now. Yesterday I was trying to figure out how to get some better pictures in low light. I had my camera set up and was waiting for the Cassin's to return when a strange yellow back was visible above the edge of the feeder. I have a half of a 2x4 edge on the feeder to keep the seeds in. For the first time at my feeders I had RED CROSSBILLS. I got a some OK shots through the sliding door and a couple of Mourning Doves landed on the feeder and the crossbills were gone. Fun while it lasted.

Jack Binch