Mystery Gull

Hello all,

Sorry for the late reply but I have been on vacation.  For those who responded to my mystery gull inquiry, thank you very much.  Not too many responded, but the final vote was four for Ring-billed Gull (Juvenile, probable first year going into second year) and one vote for Mew Gull.  If it wasn't for the thick bill, I would go with the Mew Gull myself.  I am still not convinced 100% that it is a RB Gull, but I do believe that is the most likely suspect.  The link that Tim Avery sent to Mark Stackhouse's photo of a juvenile gull was helpful to me (wasn't an exact match to mine, but it was similar).  For those who may not have seen it here is the photo I posted (once you click on this there are seven other photos, just click "next"): http://www.pbase.com/image/41853819/original

Again thanks to those who did respond and explained why.  Many of you also took a look, so thanks for that as well.

Brian