Provo Airport dike birds

This morning I spotted a solitary sandpiper foraging by itself in the
wetlands formed by the rising lake waters along the northwest corner of
the dike. While I watched it, a lone Western sandpiper stopped by for a
few moments. A sora and a Virginia rail also made their presence in the
tall grasses known. A black-crowned night heron stood quietly in a tall
nearby tree as the river passed beneath it.

No great egrets were seen at any point along the dike road this morning.
It was not my luck to see the sage sparrows either.

Lu Giddings

p.s. - has anyone seen the Provo varied thrush in the last few days? I
think the last reported sighting was on April 10th by Edson Leite.