cackling goose and loads of bohemian waxwings in Cache Valley

Thanks for the tip on the Cackling goose. It was still at the Oxbow overlook
of Cutler Reservoir this morning. With binoculars only and 300 yards away,
its white collar remained evident. As previously identified, it seems to be
a nice specimen of Branta hutchinsis leucopareia, the aleutian one.  Indeed,
it reminded me so much Branta leucopsis (barnacle goose) that I have seen in
Europe.

Now there is a feast on 800 East just 100 yards south of the intersection
with 1400 North. I counted last evening between 320 and 340 bohemian
waxwings. I noticed a group there two weeks ago, but I was in a rush on a
rainy day on the bicycle. They sit on 2 trees only and were present there
all the time from 5H30 to 7 PM. It is next to a small USU orchard. It is on
the east side of the road and there is some room to pull over but watch for
the sprinkler heads.
On sunday,  working on my roof, I had  a flock of around 50 bohemians flying
over me.
Bohemian waxwings are definitively still in Cache Valley

Dominique Roche