Prairie Chickens (not in Utah)

I felt this was interesting so I would share.  This morning I was given the
opportunity to view Greater Prairie-Chicken's at Buena Vista Grasslands, near
Stevens Point, WI.  Each April, from the 1st to the 30th people are given the
opportunity to participate in viewing these birds from blinds as part of an on
going census and study.  Myself and a friend decided this was worthwhile, and
signed up.  Needless to say it was quite the expereince.  In all we saw 25
Chickens, 21 Cocks, and 4 Hens.  I took  a lot of pictures, and thought I would
share a few.

Male Booming
http://www.timaverybirding.com/pr_chick_01.jpg

Male Strutting
http://www.timaverybirding.com/pr_chick_02.jpg

2 Males Fighting
http://www.timaverybirding.com/pr_chick_03.jpg

For more info about these birds check out this site:
http://www.uwsp.edu/wildlife/pchicken/History.htm

Good Birding

Tim

Salt Lake City, UT or Beloit, WI