Bird Photos Wanted

Greetings:

Over the years, I have seen many great photographs of Utah birds taken by many of you.  Each time I see such photos it reinforces the notion within me to acknowledge that I am not a photographer.  The Utah Birds Web Site has quite a collection of bird images.  My own web site has been fortunate to have contributions from Tim Avery, Jim Bailey, Ted Steinke, Paul Higgins, Jim McIntyre and others.

The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources (DWR) has a collection of bird photographs too.  However, there are many bird descriptions that lack a photograph and others that would welcome a better image of the described bird.  This is a call to those photographers among us who have these superb images to share them with others.  DWR would welcome your images, if you would be willing to have them published with your photo credit.

You can check out this area of the DWR web site at the link below.  Once it has loaded, click on a bird name on the list and it will display a description of that bird and the image, if one exists.  Those that lack images, we hope you may have and will send to DWR.  There is a web address to send photos to or you can send them to MikeCanning@Utah.gov.

Regards,

Bill Fenimore
Utah Division of Wildlife Resources
Northern Regional Advisory Council