Deer Creek Reservoir

Lots of new birds for 2005 today.  The loons, osprey, turkey vultures, and
eared grebes have returned to Deer Creek and the Heber Valley.  And lots of
sandhill cranes, too.  I also saw a wren just west of the bridge across the
Provo River at the north end of the reservoir (on SR-113 south of Midway)
that I'm quite sure is a Bewick's.  It had a white eye stripe, was light
underneath, and pure brown on top with no stripes that I could see.  It was
flitting around in the bushes beside the river, and not being very coopera-
tive about sitting still while I checked it out.

Spring is definitely here!

Dave Hanscom