Deer Creek Reservoir

I stopped by the reservoir a couple of days ago to see what waterfowl had
returned.  Much to my amazement, the water level is higher than it's been
for several years.  The island along highway 189 is once again an island.
The little picnic area on SR-113, just south of where the Provo River
comes in near the town of Charleston, is really close to the water again
and is a great place to set up a telescope.  There were lots of ducks of
many varieties, along with herons, song sparrows, blackbirds, etc.  Even a
bald eagle was still hanging around.  And if you're still not sure spring
has arrived in the Heber Valley, a couple of sandhill cranes flew over.

Enjoy those birds!

Dave Hanscom