unknown Thrasher

How embarrassing!  It's a Wren, not a Thrasher. I have fallen victim to the dreaded Bird Fever D. (D is for Deliriums or Delusions). The BFD apparently occurs when you go out of town and have been reading too many glorius reports on the birds you have yet to see.  This form of BFD messes with your mind in such a way as to change a 6 inch bird into a 12 inch bird by the time the message goes from your brain to your eyes. It has other sinister forms that may attack your hearing as well. An example of this form is the ability to turn a Dove's wing sounds into an Owl call. Or the Dove may sound like a cow mooing in which case one neighbor I had in Sandy thought it was a Cowbird.

Anyway...It is not a Life bird...And it is not a Crissal or California or LeConte's or Curve-billed or Bendire's Thrasher.  But I'll see one this year maybe.

Thanks for your help and watch out for BFD.

Nicky Davis