Re: CONDOR RELEASE

Greetings, Utah birders

Yes, the condor release was very cool. The weather was stunning, the
scenery was (as most of you know) spectacular. and lots of condors were
seen besides just the new releases. Best of all, on our way down to St
George on Monday, we saw two condors flying near I-15, between the
Hurricane and Washington exits (approx 37.160 deg N, 113.474 degrees W).
Unfortunately we were in a construction zone and couldn't stop the
vehicle!

I did get some distant pics of condors on the cliffs and flying above the
cliffs, but the viewing site is a long way from the release site.
Nevertheless it was wonderful to see these birds, and a great place to see
them.

Cheers

Dave

Dave Rintoul                     Internet: drintoul@ksu.edu
Biology Division - KSU     Latitude 39.18, Longitude -96.34
Manhattan KS 66506-4901              (785)-532-6663 or 5832
http://www-personal.ksu.edu/~drintoul
Currently on sabbatical at the University of Utah