Winter Wren in provo Canyon

Went to Provo Canyon on Saturday, with the intent to locate the Winter Wren
previously reported.

Thanks to Milt Moody, I was able to locate the wren  ust west of Canyon Glen
Campground.  Got some great looks, as it came very close to the trail.

Directions:  Go up Provo Canyon to Canyon Glen (the campground past Canyon
View).  Cross the Provo River on the foot bridge.  While on the footbridge
pause to look up and down the river for the resident dippers.  I saw two of
them.  One flew up stream, and the other was hanging out near the bridge.

When to get to the asphalt path, turn left (west) and go to the 3rd telephone
pole on the left.  You will pass over a red marker on the trail that reads "3
M."  The location for the wren is 65 paces west of that red mark.

However, if you just go to the 3rd telephone pole, then back up a few paces, you
will notice a reddish dogwood bush between you and the river, right near the
trail.  You are at the spot.  The bird came to a call (I can't hear).  This is
the same spot where I saw it two years ago.  Good luck!

Glenn