Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 2:04 PM
Subject: GREAT GRAY & NORTHERN HAWK OWL PICS

Owing to the irruption of Great Gray and Northern Hawk Owls from the North this year, bird photographers are going crazy.

To see some remarkable pics of these owls, go to the Naturescapes.Net site: www.naturescapes.net.  Before viewing the pics, you must first register (if you have not already done so) for legal purposes.  It's simple, quick, free and confidential.  After logging on to NSN, click on the Cover Picture to enter.  Then click on MEMBERSHIP and follow the instructions.  After doing this, you will soon receive an E-mail from NSN telling you how to activate your membership.  After registering you will be logged on automatically in the future.

You can make comments about any of the pics you view, but if you want to post your own, there is a fee - $30 annually.

Beware!  Some of the world's best nature photogs post on this site and will critique your pics.  Their comments are usually merciful and well-meant.  Have a look at the quality of their pics.  If you have a sensitive ego, decide first if yours are in this league.  It's a great place to learn how to improve.

To find the owl pics easily, go to the BIRDS forum and do a Keyword search using "owl".  Or click on this link to see a list of recent posts:  http://www.naturescapes.net/phpBB2/search.php?mode=results.

Here's a link to an incredible flight shot of a Great Gray:
Wish it was mine!

While you're on the NSN site, browse around in some of the other forums and look at some of the articles.

I'll separately post a list of some of my recent pics that can still be viewed.  Beware my infamous Jimericks! :)

Jim McIntyre