Thayers Gulls in Salt Lake County

Birded Lee Kay Ponds and Salt Air, hoping for the gulls to be on the water and
easy to scan through.  At Lee Kay ponds it was as planned, with two large
flocks of mostly California Gulls on the main pond directly out from the
gazebo.  There were a number of Ring-billed Gulls mixed in, and I picked 2
THAYER's GULLS out of the group.  There were probably more, but 2 definate
birds.  Surprisingly there were no "large" gulls, i.e. Herring, or Glaucous
Type.  Other birds at the ponds included Canada Geese, Mallard, Common
Merganser and Common Goldeneye.

And Salt Air proved to be a complete bust!  There was a Rough-legged as well as
a Red-tailed Hawk along SR 202 between SR 201 and I-80.  At the Marina, there
were Starlings... No gulls, and no birds on the water which is completely open
along the south shore.

Good Birding

Tim

Salt Lake City, UT or Beloit, WI