Thayer's Gull @ Farmington Bay

Went out to Farmington Bay today, despite the cold and the wind there was a lot
of bird activity.  At the parking area near the main unit, there was a single
Adult Thayer's Gull with several California and a group of Ring-billed Gulls.
Along the dike heading west, were several hundred if not thousand American
Pipits, plus a large number of Horned Lark.  Along with these birds I was able
to find a wide variety of raptors: Peregrine Falcon, American Kestrel, Bald
Eagle, Northern Harrier, Rough-legged Hawk, and Red-tailed Hawk, all within the
refuge boundaries.  Waterfowl was scarce, a few geese, Ruddy Ducks, Goldeneye,
Pintail, and Coots.

Good Birding

Tim

p.s. I am not allowed to post my photos anymore because the site I host at
allows for people to purchase pictures.  Despite the fact I am not trying to
sell anything I was told I couldn't post links to it anymore.  IF YOU WANT TO
SEE PICTURES FROM MY MOST RECENT BIRDING EXCURSIONS, GO THROUGH MY SITE, TO THE
LINK FOR NEW IMAGES.     - Tim

http://www.timaverybirding.com
Salt Lake City, UT or Beloit, WI