New Years Day Birds

Hi All,
   I was on the Net when Robin's note came out. It sounded like a fun idea so here's mine.
   As dawn broke this morning I went out to feed the dog and fill the bird feeders. They were both waiting! The oak were filled with Steller's and Scrub Jays, which have been hoarding the cracked corn and sun flower seeds for several weeks now. So there's my first.
   The first bird for 2004 was on Jan. 1st at 7:50am at the silage pit in Benjamin [can you remember?] - Harris's Sparrow. The last birds were killers!  We watched Alfred Hitchcock's 1963 movie, The Birds, late last night [if 10:00pm is late] - "Black Birds" and  "Sea Gulls."
   Hope we have as much fun and memories in 2005 as 2004 has been.

Happy Birding New Year,
Dennis Shirley