American Tree Sparrows

We saw American Tree Sparrows in a group of Goldfinches on Antelope Island
on Tuesday about 1/2 mile or so south of Frary Peak.

There were lots of Bald Eagles in the trees at the spring near Garr Ranch
(about 12).  One young bald eagle sailed in from the north over the ranch
and began circling and climbing until he disappeared into the blue. It was
neat seeing it up so close and against such a beautiful sky.

We also saw what we believe was a Northern Shrike near Frary Peak as well as
a Loggerhead Shrike.  As we were driving across the causeway we saw the
Prairie Falcon eating out in the dry lake bed.  He grabbed his hefty meal
and sailed off toward the island when we stopped to look.

Great birds, beautiful day!

Carol