Swan at Mountain Springs

Carol,
Leena and I looked at that swan last Saturday since it happens to be in
our Christmas Bird Count area, and after consulting Sibley we concluded
that  it must be a juvenile mute swan.  Also in our area is a farm place
with a stream and ponds, where the people keep exotics. There we saw two
adult mute swans and one juvenile with them, that looked identical to the
one in the Valtek (now Flowserve) pond. That kid of confirmed it for us,
so we did not even mention the swan in our count report. I wonder if it
is an escapee from that farm, just half a mile south of there.
Anyway, I'm interested to hear any comments when Nicki posts the
pictures.

Merry Christmas to all   ~   Tuula