Lewis's Woodpecker

I decided to take Nicky on an adventure Thursday so we wound around Utah
county on the back roads.  I didn't have any idea where I was when I went
around a curve and headed down into a little valley with a small stream or
canal running through it.  Fields everywhere.  Just as I got to the bottom
of the hill there was a bird sitting in a tree and I was SHOCKED to see it
was a Lewis's Woodpecker (and possibly two more).

Turns out we were in Spanish Fork along the River Bottom Road. I'm sure all
you expert birders know about that area already and know there are Lewis's
Woodpeckers there all year, but it was news to us.  It made our day. In
that same area were lot of STELLER'S JAYS and a Red-tailed Hawk.

At Mountain Springs there was a tan-colored SWAN and since we know nothing
about swans, Nicky will post the photo as soon as she gets time so you can
give us your opinions. There was also a GREEN-WINGED TEAL in those same
ponds.

Carol