Re: weird bird behavior

Nicky,

If I'm not mistaken, I think woodpeckers, in general, sleep in the vertical position, using their tail as a prop. I've never seen this, but think I read it somewhere. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone on the group will set me straight. Kind of fun, I would think, having one hanging on the side of your house, as long as it's not drilling a hole.

Jim

Friday we noticed some bird droppings on our patio just under the kitchen window and were so curious to find out what bird could have been there, we got up at 4 in the morning to check it out. We were astonished to find a Flicker hanging by her toenails to the stucco. She was sound asleep. When we checked again at 7 A.M. she was still there. At 7:30 she flew off.

Nicky D.