Re: Hawk behavior

Look at the size of the head. Cooper's have a bigger head.

Richard

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nicky Davis" <nicky-davis@earthlink.net>
To: <birdtalk@utahbirds.org>
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 12:44 PM
Subject: Hawk behavior

I'm trying to decide if the hawks (I think I have 2 different ones) coming into my yard are SS or Cooper's. The one that came today wagged its tail each time it landed. It went from a tree to my wall around the yard to the top of a bird feeder to the ground, back to the wall and then flew off. Each time it landed it wagged it's tail. Is this a characteristic behavior for both the SS and the Cooper's? It's an adult.

Nicky D