Salt Lake CBC

Salt Lake Christmas Bird Count, Saturday, December 18

We finally have definitive information about meeting places.

For those who have not made personal arrangements with their own Team Leaders, we will meet between 7 and 8 a.m. at Denny's Restaurant, 250 W. 500 South (north side of 500 South immediately west of the Crystal Inn), where we can have a hot breakfast, pass out the Count materials, and meet one another.  Then, after breakfast, we will go to our respective areas to do the Count.

At 6:00 p.m., as many as possible will meet back at the same Denny's for supper, socializing and to turn in the reports.  If you have not been able to participate in an office Christmas party, consider this event to be the equivalent, and to that extent you are welcome to bring other family members.  The room will hold about 40 comfortably.  We have not been able to get a location for potlucking this time.  GSL Audubon is not paying for the meals, either morning or evening, so all meals are to be paid by those attending.  Because the restaurant is good enough to provide the space for our gatherings, it would be good for as many people as possible to have their meals there.  Plus, as most know, National Audubon requires a $5.00 "donation" from each participant in the Count, to help offset the costs of printing, postage, etc., that the National and local chapters incur.  You can bring the $5.00 to either the morning or evening get-together.  You can also pay online to National Audubon.

Weather is unpredictable.  The last 3 days have been nice and warm, but 10 days from now we might be having very cold temperatures.  Plan to dress accordingly with some extra things left in the car that might be needed.

Any further questions can be directed to Steve Carr, 277-7711; email - stevecarr9@msn.com.  People who have not yet signed up can contact Steve or can come to Denny's Saturday morning to be assigned.