late season Cinnamon Teal

My dad dropped me a line today letting me know that there are still small
numbers of Cinnamon Teal at Farmington Bay (at least where ther is open water).
 This strikes me as strange, seeing that CITE and BWTE are the two species that
migrate through in September and are usually out of state by early October.
Has anyone else been seeing Cinamon Teal this winter?  I personally have never
seen a Cinnamon Teal after October, and I am wondering if this is due to
weather or what?  It hasn't been a odd fall and winter, maybe a little less
snow than usual, but nonetheless, not out of the ordinary.  Any thoughts?

Good Birding

Tim

Salt Lake City, UT or Beloit, WI
http://www.timaverybirding.com