Rosy Finches

Friday Morning I went with Darlene A. and Donna P. to look for Rosy Finches.
  We followed Eric's directions, walked up the road and saw nothing.  Only a
few house finches near the bottom.  We decided to try another place.  We
drove east up 8th North in Orem to allmost the mouth of Provo Canyon.  At
the gas station, we turnedd Left and followed a little road past the end of
the houses.  Road ended shortly.  We saw a flock of 50+ Rosy Finches.  Both
kinds.  They were on  telephone poles, then to the ground, then bushes, and
back to ground then poles, etc.  We watched them for a long time trying to
positively identify them.  (We could not get as close as we wanted).  We
finally decided that it was in fact a flock of Rosy Finches.