Salt Lake City CBC

There will be several changes in the Salt Lake City Christmas Bird Count this year. First, the count will be held on a Saturday for the first time in recent memory. The date will be on Saturday, December 18. Second, after at least fifteen years of compiling the count, I will be passing this duty on due to personal reasons and demands of my travel schedule. Steve Carr has graciously volunteered to take on this task. Third, I will be unable to host the compilation meeting/dinner after the count. Sylvia Gray is working on finding an alternative location (I'm sure she would like to hear from anyone who would like to be the host). I will be helping Steve get things together this year, and hope to be in town for the count itself.

If you would like to take part in Utah's oldest Christmas Bird Count, please call or e-mail Steve at 801-277-7711 or stevecarr9@msn.com

If you would like to host the dinner, please contact Sylvia Gray at 801-532-3486.

If you would like to speak to me, please call 801-518-5618 (this should get me while I'm in Mexico as well) or 801-487-9453 (Salt Lake City) or 011-52-323-285-1243 (San Blas, Nayarit, Mexico). You can also reach me by e-mail.

I am planning on resurrecting the old San Blas Christmas Bird Count, so if you can come to San Blas between Christmas and New Years (I'm looking at the 29th or 30th of Dec.), and would like to count some really cool tropical birds, let me know.

Thanks to all of the people who have helped with the Salt Lake City CBC for the past fifteen years!

Mark Stackhouse