Red Crossbills

At about 11:30 this morning I saw 2 Red Crossbills in the Salt Lake City Cemetery. They were at approx. 1050 East and 10th Avenue. I had just positively identified them when something came in and in response there was a great flurry of wings and in fact a small flock took off, 20-30 birds, presumably crossbills. They were heading south. Destination unknown. (Sorry Glenda)

It was a great morning in the cemetery. There were lots of chickadees, black-capped and mountain, many Red-breasted Nuthatches, a solitary Solitaire (of course), 2 Creepers, a Downy Woodpecker, Flickers, too many Magpies, Juncos, and an accipiter probably a Cooper's.

Sylvia Gray